On May 31, 2018, the IRS released a revised Form 8609 adding a third minimum set-aside election – “Average Income”. The release did not include revised or updated Instructions for completion of the form. Owners intending to select the Average Income minimum set-aside for properties for which 8609s have not already been submitted to the IRS should use the updated 8609.
IRS Releases Revised Form 8609 with Income Average Election
Visit our online training platform to participate in our web-based courses.
An easy to understand and in-depth guide written by a nationally recognized leader in affordable housing compliance, A. J. Johnson.
The Professional Property Manager's Guide to the Violence Against Women Act
Designed to provide professionals in the affordable housing industry with an easy to understand reference manual for issues related to VAWA.
Subscribe To News
- Despite Recent HUD Guidance, States Must Still Update Qualified Allocation Plans to Reflect IRS Monitoring Regulation August 2, 2020
- Affordable Housing Improvements May be Included in Next COVID-19 Legislation August 1, 2020
- Rapid Action Needed for Owners Needing HUD COVID-19 Supplemental Payments July 29, 2020
- HUD Implements Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Program July 26, 2020
- HUD Issues Final FAST Act Streamlining Rule July 26, 2020